A senior Hamas leader said the Gaza-based Islamic resistance movement has not yet used its “main assets” in its campaign against the Israeli regime’s acts of aggression targeting Palestinians in the occupied territories and Gaza, and that it is still using its old defense equipment only to “get rid of” them.
According to Press TV, Hamas deputy leader, Saleh al-Arouri said that the rockets that have been fired by the group’s military wing — Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades — towards the Israeli-occupied territories are the old ones.
“We want to get rid of them (the old rockets). Qassam’s main assets have not been unveiled yet,” the Palestinian official said, in an indication that more surprises may yet be awaiting the Israeli enemy in the latest flare-up between the two sides.
Gaza and the occupied Palestinian territories have been simmering with rage in the past weeks over the regime’s scheme to expel dozens of Palestinians from their homes in the volatile Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood of al-Quds as part of a long-running scheme to Judaize Palestinian lands.
The anger further intensified earlier this month with Israeli regime attacks on Palestinian worshipers in the al-Aqsa Mosque complex during the blessed days of Ramadan.
Amid the tension, the illegal Zionist entity has launched yet another brutal aerial campaign against mainly civilian targets in Gaza. So far, at least 73 Palestinians, including women and children, have been martyred and more than 480 others have been wounded as a result of Israel’s air raids.
The Israeli military has been under fire globally over its crimes against Palestinians, especially those residing in Gaza, which has already been under a crippling Israeli siege.
On social media, heart-wrenching photos and footage of the bloodbath in Gaza have been circulating under hashtags such as ‘Palestine under attack’ and ‘Gaza under attack,’ prompting anti-occupation users to renew solidarity with the oppressed Palestinian nation.
Meanwhile, the resistance movements in Gaza have not been sitting idly by in the wake of all the brutalities. Appearing noticeably stronger than before, the resistance fighters took the illegal entity by surprise with massive barrages of rockets that they have fired toward many cities in the occupied territories over the past days.
Since Monday evening, Hamas has fired around 1,500 rockets from Gaza, according to the latest estimate by Israel’s army.
Elsewhere in his comments, the Hamas official said the enemy has failed in all of its plots to seize control of al-Quds, and that the issue revolving around the occupied city is at the top of the resistance’s priorities.
“The enemy should not imagine that the martyrdom of resistance commanders can weaken us. The path of resistance continues and it is getting stronger every day,” Arouri emphasized, referring to the martyrdom of two Hamas commanders in the Israeli raids on Tuesday.
More attacks await Israel if it keeps up aggression: Haniyeh
Meanwhile, the head of the political bureau of the Gaza-based Hamas movement has warned the Zionists that more retaliatory attacks await the Tel Aviv-occupied territories as long as the regime keeps up its aggression.
Speaking to the Doha-based Al Jazeera TV channel late on Wednesday, Ismail Haniyeh underlined the need for an immediate end to the Zionist regime’s aggression on al-Quds and the blockaded Gaza Strip.
Referring to the heavy rocket attacks by the Palestinian resistance factions on different parts of the occupied lands, he said, “The occupying regime saw something new from us, and if it wants to continue its raids, we will conduct more attacks.”
“Resistance responds to the crimes committed by the occupying regime in al-Quds, the Gaza Strip and everywhere,” he added.
Haniyeh also said the Zionist regime destroys residential towers and kills civilians in its airstrikes on Gaza.
Hamas officials discussed al-Quds with various parties in the region, who all agreed on the need to stop the Israeli measures, he noted, calling on the US government to prove its neutrality in the issue of Palestine.